MANCINI Safe Company FAQ
These are commonly asked questions and our answers to them for your information. We are happy to answer other questions you have; please use the Contact Us form.
Q: Which is better – a Digital or Mechanical Lock?
Assuming equal quality, it gets down to which you are more comfortable using.
- Digital Safe & Vault Locks
- Easy to see the numbers and it functions like most keypads
- The safe is locked whenever the door is closed, and the handle is turned
- You can change your combination any time providing that you know the current combination
- Battery operated. Batteries can be changed from the outside
- Digital locks cannot be manipulated by inputting repeated or random codes
- Some digital locks can have multiple user codes and time stamped entry
- MANCINI Safe recommends ESL Digital Locks from American Security Products
- Mechanical Safe & Vault Locks
- Greater durability and increased life span
- No batteries required
- Needs practice to use and can be slow
- The safe door is not locked until you turn the handle and then the dial one full revolution
- To change the combination you need a professional safe technician or locksmith
- Tumblers can get misaligned over time requiring maintenance
- MANCINI Safe recommends Sargent & Greenleaf mechanical locks
Q: I have a safe and don’t know the lock combination, can you open it and what will it cost?
If you live or own a business in MA, RI or southern NH we can likely open the safe for you. To determine the cost, you should e-mail email@example.com to give us as much information as you can about your safe. Take a photo of it and send it along with the town you live in. We will be in touch with any questions and an estimate.
Q: Why should I buy a safe from MANCINI Safe Company?
MANCINI Safe personnel are safe experts. We have nearly 60 years of experience selling, installing, moving, and servicing every type of safe on the market. We can provide experienced security consultation to help you determine the right safe for your specific needs. MANCINI Safe is a woman-owned business 100% focused on customer satisfaction.
Q: What should I look for when buying a fire resistant safe?
Most fire-resistant safes can withstand temperatures of 1700°F, much higher than typical house fires (1100°F), and maintain an internal temperature of 350°F --protecting your valuable documents or other items. Fire ratings are established by independent testing organizations: UL, ETL, KS to name a few. The fire-resistance typically will be specified for 1 or 2 hours -- longer than the duration of an average house fire. For example, a 1-hour fire rating means that the internal temperature of the safe will not exceed 350°F for at least 1 hour when exposed to external temperatures over 1700°F.
- Paper begins to char at 405 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wood burns at 350 degrees
- Gold melts at 1,600 degrees
Q: What is the law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts regarding storing a firearm?
"Section 131L. (a) It shall be unlawful to store or keep any firearm, rifle or shotgun including, but not limited to, large capacity weapons, or machine gun in any place unless such weapon is secured in a locked container or equipped with a tamper-resistant mechanical lock or other safety device."
Protect your children and your firearms! There are many options for safely storing one gun or many. MANCINI Safe carries a variety of options including heavy duty handgun safes and under the bed safes. Visit our Greater Boston showroom at 180 D Kerry Place in Norwood, MA to find a solution that meets your needs. We deliver and install all of our safes in MA, RI, and southern NH unlike many retailers both on and offline.
Q: Do I need to pay sales tax on safes in Massachusetts?
Yes, except for gun safes that are tax-free year round. Guns safes can be used for both burglary and fire protection for your firearms along with important documents, reasonable amounts of cash and jewelry. Consider this “one size fits all” security solution for your home. Call MANCINI Safe to learn more about your options for home security.
Q: I need to move my safe. Does MANCINI Safe Company move safes? What will it cost?
Yes, MANCINI Safe Company can most likely move your safe. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A photo of your safe
- The dimensions of your safe
- Where is the safe now? Town and basic location within your home or business.
- Where to you want to move the safe? Town and location within your home or business.
- Are there any steps involved? If so, how many?
- Is there an elevator in the current or new location and if so what are the weight restrictions of the elevator?
We will be in touch with any additional questions and to give you an estimate of cost.
Q: I am responsible for loss prevention for a retail chain with locations in many states. Can you provide safes and service for all of my rooftops?
Yes, MANCINI Safe Company sources safes for every type of business and has its own experienced safe technicians as well as a network of trained technicians across the country. We currently provide new safes along with delivery, installation and service to some of the largest retailers in the U.S. Call us for a security consultation. References are available upon request.